aspire cambridge are seeking a Transport Front Line Manager on behalf of our client based in Stevenage.
As a key member of the Transport team, this job provides leadership to a proportion of the driver group. Overall, the role ensures that Company products are safely delivered to customers on time and in full on the shifts for which the Transport Front Line Manager is responsible.
- To achieve all relevant KPI’s by ensuring that all shift team members are focused on them and
organised for their delivery
- To promote, and act as a role model for, the Company Values (Pride, Performance and People) and brand image
- To lead, motivate and engage the shift team by:
– Setting clear goals, targets and expectations of performance for all Drivers/Administrators Communicating and listening effectively, including use of Driver debrief sessions, as appropriate Consulting, involving and engaging all team members
– Developing interpersonal relationships based on trust
- To ensure shift compliance with all Company policies and procedures and all aspects of transport law, including the Road Transport Directive, the Working Time Directive, Drivers’ Hours Regulations and Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- To operate a safe and environmentally sound working environment, ensuring that all shift members comply with legal and Company standards for environment, health and safety and to ensure that the Company’s health and safety system of work is applied.
- To optimise labour utilisation, making best use of the Company scheduling systems and labour flexibility
- To focus on the recruitment, training and development of Drivers and Administrators who reflect the
Company’s Values and who possess the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes and qualifications
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in other functions, departments and sites, in the pursuit of common targets and any Company objectives
- To execute Continuous Improvement action plans (e.g. PDP initiatives, productivity improvements, Pulse survey etc) on their shifts to ensure that CI targets are achieved
- To ensure that any service issues arising are addressed promptly and where appropriate, escalated, as required
Experience & Qualifications
- CPC qualified or with motivation and demonstrable ability to achieve the qualification – Essential
- Car drivers licence – Essential
- Strong leadership and management abilities, which have preferably been demonstrated in previous roles – Essential
- A strong customer service ethic; always willing to go the extra mile – Essential
- Previous experience in transport logistics operations – Desirable
- PC literate, including a working ability with Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word; capable of using transport scheduling packages – Essential
- Numeracy and literacy skills – Essential
- Strong analytical skills – Essential
- Strong communications skills, orally and in writing – Essential
- Able to build close working relationships with a wide range of employees, suppliers and customers – Essential
NB: We have multiple vacancies for both day or night shifts.
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Hours: 6am to 6pm, 4 on and 4 off
Salary: £depending on experience
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion. aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy.
Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever-expanding network of client companies exceeds 3000 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivaled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.