Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Temporary Accounts Assistant on behalf of our client in Mildenhall, Suffolk.
Location: Mildenhall, IP28
Duration: Minimum of 1 Month
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £10.50 to £11/hour
The Role of Temporary Accounts Assistant:
The Temporary Accounts Assistant will be updating and maintaining purchase ledger and accounts information and providing general accounts administration and support for the team.
Key Accountabilities of the Temporary Accounts Assistant:
- Liaising with the purchasing team and any relevant parties involved in the purchasing of services and goods.
- Checking invoices, obtaining authorisation for invoices and posting invoices to the purchase ledger using the correct nominal and VAT codes.
- Reconciling supplier statements to the Sage 200 records.
- Running suggested payments in both GBP and currency
- Attaching all invoice documentation within Sage 200
- Raising any ad-hoc sales invoices or credits on Sage 200
- Actively participating in the weekly cash flow discussions
- Cleansing the aged creditor list periodically, ensuring any credit balances are returned to our client.
- Initiating payments within the banking system
- General office duties and assisting other accounts team members as required.
- Make decisions within remit above and to escalate issues with significant risk/implication to the Financial Controller
Knowledge, Skills & attributes of the Temporary Accounts Assistant:
- GCSE Mathematics and English grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A Level(s) grades A-C or equivalent
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and a desire to learn
- AAT Qualification or studying
- Interpersonal Skills – able to communicate, interact and work well with others; open to others ideas and inputs; works with others to find a mutually agreeable outcome
- Communication – strong oral and written communication skills; clear and persuasive; listens to others and seeks clarification, contributes and gives input to discussion with the ability to produce clear concise reports and present to Director level
- Decision making – Able to make decisions and includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.