Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Technical Support Engineer on behalf of our client in Huntingdon, Cambridge.
Location: Huntingdon, PE27
Hours: Mon to Fri Full Time
We are recruiting Technical Support Engineers to work out of the Huntingdon office on our clients busy service desk. This is a full time position with excellent progression opportunities & the potential to learn lots of new IT skills.
The company provides 7:00am to 7:00pm service as standard with early and late shift split between the teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer support queries via phone and email
- Logging of customer requests and incidents
- Diagnosing and rectifying technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Provide applications and infrastructure support to our growing client base
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Resolve incidents with printers, scanners and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Working with senior engineers and consultants on escalated tickets
- Logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Managing on-premise as well as Microsoft 365 and Azure hosted solutions
Skills & Experience Required:
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Experience using Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Office
- Basic understanding of PC, laptop and tablet set-up and configuration.
- A+ Certification or higher preferred but experience essential
The benefits offered to you include:
- Competitive salary
- Professional and personal development plan
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services
- Regular company funded team socials
If you are interested in the role of Technical Support Engineer and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.