Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Technical Project Lead – Medical Devices on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £70,000 to £75,000
You will be a project manager with a strong technical background who creates value for the clients by successfully leading projects that solve complex technical problems to support the development of new products. You will manage and lead multidisciplinary teams on projects in our healthcare sector. Plus, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of projects for other industries, whilst developing opportunities with new and existing clients.
The Technical Project Manager – Medical Devices, will have:
- A passion and talent for engineering, product development and creative problem solving.
- A strong technical degree in mechanical or electrical /electronics or software engineering, product design or physics /chemistry from a well-reputed institution.
- A proven track record in managing design and development projects for medical devices or in vitro diagnostics (IVD), working within ISO 13485 and risk management processes of ISO 14971, or to the equivalent regulations and requirements of the FDA.
- Deep technical expertise, together with experience in taking a hands-on role in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Excellent, engaging communication skills, being able to present technical subjects persuasively, and negotiate with suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and managing cross-disciplinary work packages, and reviewing the work of other engineers, designers and technologists.
Ideally The Technical Project Manager – Medical Devices, will have:
- Experience in developing medical electrical equipment, surgical instruments and consumables or diagnostics products, leading projects across all phases, from concept, design & development, transfer to manufacturing, CE marking / regulatory approval and launch.
- Knowledge or experience of medical software life cycle management to EN ISO 62304.
- Knowledge and awareness of user needs and the wider clinical and commercial context.
- Knowledge of assay chemistry /technology, materials biocompatibility and sterilisation processes.
- Experience of managing and mentoring other engineers to help them achieve personal development goals.
- Experience of reporting to higher levels of management and assisting the business in its wider strategic aims.
- A keen interest in promoting the company, developing client accounts, and gaining industry sector-specific experience.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.