Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Surface Mount Assembly Operative on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Hours: Mon to Thus 20:30 to 06:30
Location: St Ives, PE28
Salary: £25,625 (inc 25% uplift for shift allowance)
Due to continued increase in demand from our clients existing customers and from winning new business in a very competitive market place, we now have a vacancy for a Surface Mount Assembly Operative to work the nightshift.
The Surface Mount Assembly Operative (nightshift) role is a key position that will strengthen our existing small team and increase the capacity of our clients SMT department as we continue to grow as a business. This role will ensure that SMD components are loaded and programmed onto the automated pick & place machines in exactly the correct sequence and position, will run the job from start to finish and will take responsibility for the quality of the placement and reflow solder of the components.
Key Job Accountabilities
- To be responsible for ensuring the wide range and sizes of SMT components are correctly placed and soldered on the automated SMT pick and place machines.
- To ensure that all precautions required for the safe handling and assembly of each product are followed particularly ESD requirements and MSD component precautions.
- Responsible for filling in the SMT component change forms, down time records and correctly sealing MSD packaging and updating the MSD record labels.
- To ensure that after de-kitting all material is package correctly and clearly labelled before returning it to Main Stores.
Any previous work within a technical manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
- 3+ years experience of running an automated SMT line – preferably Europlacer systems
- Experience of handling SMT components on reels, strips, tubes and trays
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
- Experience of working in an area handling static sensitive and moisture sensitive (MSD) electronic components and assemblies
- Any previous experience in a batch-manufacturing environment
- Using PCs and software packages; Microsoft Word, Excel would be an advantage
- Providing support to manufacturing / production in other areas
- Working with others to resolve manufacturing difficulties
- Working in a multi product, mixed manufacturing environment
- Following work instructions and process diagrams
Key Job Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to read, understand and act on printed reports and instructions
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Analytical / numerate
- Computer literate
- Effective Communicator (English, written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Good eye for detail
- Technical / engineering interest
The nightshift work Monday to Thursday starting at 20:30 and finishing at 06:30 with paid lunch and tea breaks. While working nightshift, an additional 25% of salary is paid. On rare occasions when nightshift is not required, then you will work day shift hours (Monday – Thursday 08:00-16:15, Friday 08:00 – 14:00) again with paid lunch and tea breaks. The 25% shift bonus is not paid while working day shift.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.