Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Software Manager to join our client based in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambrigde, CB24
Hours: Full Time, Hybrid
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000
The successful Software Manager will be responsible for managing the software team and specifying, developing, and maintaining software of existing and new products.
- Responsible to: CEO
- Liaison with: CEO, Project Manager, Hardware Manager, Electronics and Software development Engineers, Applications Engineer, Operations, and Technical Author.
- Manage, support and provide direction and leadership to Software development team
- Line management of the software team
- Manage the software team’s time and allocate people to tasks
- Conduct reviews of progress in software development for the company’s products
- Maintain the company’s software implementation and documentation
- Maintain and manage the company’s version control process
- Manage software projects. Liaise and coordinate with the Project Manager, hardware team
- Budget tracking for projects
Main Tasks of Job:
- Provide leadership and supervision of:
- Software and firmware development
- Generation of technical requirements and acceptance criteria for new projects to satisfy or meet the customer requirements
- software testing strategy to detect and reduce defects introduced by software development
- bug tracking process
- Manage projects, maintain project plans, monitor timescales, define workflows .
- Maintain ISO9001 compliant procedures for software development tasks. Be responsible for the correct and effective use of procedures
- Liaise between the software team and other departments
- Identification and mitigation of project-based business risks
- Participation in project, mechanical, documentation, hardware and software reviews
- Generation of project DFMEA, and consultation for generation of PFMEA
Key skills/experience required:
- Line management
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring a team.
- Knowledge and ability of software coding techniques, development tools and full life cycle development.
- Familiar with best practice software development approaches such as Agile/SCRUM
- Ideal candidates will have proven project management capability, with practical experience of running projects and planning development timescales.
- Experience of real time industrial products.
- Very familiar with source control systems such as subversion and ways of maintaining code evolution.
- Process documentation skills and experience working with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure effective team work and project updates.
- Understanding of digital electronics and power electronics.
- Knowledge of design concepts and limitations.
- Eye for detail and problem solving ability.
- Proven numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of communication protocols. Example: Ethernet and GigE vision.
- The flexibility to adapt to the needs of a fast growing company.
- 10 years prior software development experience, ideally firmware.
If you are interested in the role of Software Manager and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.