Aspire Recruitment is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB3
Hours: Hybrid, Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Salary: £50,000 to £80,000
Our clients success is contingent on the vibrant community of engineers based in their Cambridge office, who every day tackle new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems and we are looking for an experienced developer to join their expanding team to maintain and extend their software suite. They were founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge. Their clients are international technology companies, developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
Who are we are looking for?
The successful Senior Software Engineer will have substantial experience in software development in a variety of contexts, and a desire to share that expertise among the team.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will lead by example in maintaining, designing and developing code. Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing significantly to the code base ;
- Involvement in the full development cycle ;
- Maintaining, enforcing and extending good coding standards;
- Generation of highly efficient code: profiling, optimizing, benchmarking;
- Contribution to documentation;
- Leading by example and offering advice to junior members of the team;
- Delivering promptly.
Your experience and skills:
The successful Senior Software Engineer will have most or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in computer science, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Good knowledge of cross-platform development practices (Windows, Linux, Android)
- Experience with API development
- Experience with a variety of the following: CUDA, OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, C#, Unity
- Experience with version control (Git, svn, etc)
- Strong problem solving abilities and a drive to deliver promptly
- Good communication skills
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can additionally demonstrate:
- A good knowledge of development for embedded platforms
- An interest or knowledge of FPGAs, VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog
- An interest in the AR/VR field
- An interest in high-performance parallel computing
What does our client offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Progressive, friendly working environment operating a hybrid working model (with flexible core hours)
- Good benefits package including generous maternity/paternity pay, cycle to work, PMI
- A diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Centrally located offices in both Cambridge and London. The successful candidate will need to be able to commute in regularly.
If you are interested in the role of Senior Software Engineer and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.