Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on behalf of our client in Great Abington, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Great, Abington, CB21
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Our client are a world wide recognised brand and are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to get behind their values, strive to always improve and bring new ideas to the table to assist the client in continuing being a market leader.
The Role of The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
This role will be part of a team that designs and develops leading edge, hand-held, premium consumer products, on time and in-line with product requirements.
Responsibilities of The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- To work alongside the Industrial Design, Electronic Engineering and Product Innovation teams in early creation of ‘concept’ designs for evaluation and testing
- Should be able to create product assembly concepts and space models
- To have an appreciation of ergonomics and usability of hand held products
- Should be able to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Should strengthen conceptual designs by establishing key design parameters to support creepage & clearance and ESD compliance requirements
- Should have the skills to design for high and low volume manufacturing and associated manufacturing support
- A proven track record of designing parts that are manufactured using processes including; injection moulding, die casting, extrusion, sheet metal and various finishing processes
- To be responsible for the 3D database and creation of the 2D drawings on projects
- Able to undertake analytical tasks i.e. Tolerance analysis, FMEA, DFSS, Mould flow, FEA, as required
- Experience of DFM, DFA, BoM creation, part approval and tooling qualification processes
- To work individually and alongside other Design Engineers and in some cases manage a wider team of Design and Project Engineers
- To assist in the transfer of final design & manufacturing data to suppliers and manufacturing partner
- Regular liaisons on designs (DFM / DFA ) with external suppliers
Skills and Qualifications of The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Qualified in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject with extensive design and development experience
- Ideally the applicant should be degree or HND/HNC educated with at least 6 years’ experience in the development of consumer products
- Experience of designing components used in consumer product and /or high temperature applications would be a benefit
- Must have strong skills and experience with 3D CAD systems and must be able to use both surfacing and solid modeling techniques, specifically PTC Creo and the Windchill PDM systems
- Knowledge of SolidWorks 3D CAD system is also beneficial
- An understanding of transferring electrical/electronic products into manufacture and an awareness of the standard EN 60335, is desirable
- Methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional planning and organising skills working within exacting timescales
- Ability to cope well in a fast moving organisation and under delivery pressures
- Actively seeks to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Must be prepared to occasionally travel to China, EU and US
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.