Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Scientist on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB21
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: Up to £38,000
Our client own a brand loved by professionals and educators that changed the world of hair styling for all men and women and they’re looking for a Scientist to join their team.
Responsibilities of The Scientist:
- To provide lab-tested substantiation of product performance supported by scientific claims.
- To support Marketing and Legal teams in the risk assessment of new product claims, communicated on packaging, online and at point of sale.
- To draw upon third party expertise to ensure substantiation of product performance supported by scientific claims.
- To collaborate on hair science research programs internally to build understanding, knowledge, and value.
- To support colleagues in the analysis and interpretation of test results and coaching in correct experimental methods and practices.
- Generate understanding and building knowledge of hair science, providing insight and input to innovative new product development.
- The Scientist will support the ongoing quantitative and qualitative research into hair and organic materials.
- Support the transfer of hair science methodologies to repeatable engineering design and production process methods.
- Provide scientific claims feasibility and substantiation testing of products to meet Marketing requirements.
- Claims testing in lab throughout product development, utilising an appropriate sample sizes of products and hair samples.
- Test and analysis results following established test methods, protocols and practices.
- Provide product claims support for the continuous improvement of current products as part of product lifecycle management.
- Development of methods for product testing and analysis to support market claims and quality control.
- Specification and design of product test rigs for lab testing.
Skills and Experience Required of The Scientist:
- Ideally minimum 2:1 degree educated in physics, chemistry, or material science with good scientific method possibly with post graduate degree or post-doctorate experience. The role will expose the person to a number of new technologies at various stages of development.
- The Scientist will have previous experience working within consumer product development (preferable).
- Methodical approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience with product testing and statistical analysis (desirable).
- Energy and enthusiasm for product development working in a highly dynamic environment.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.
Due to the high number of applications expected if you have not heard back from us within 14 days please take it that your application has not been successful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and reside in the UK on territory.