Aspire Recruitment is recruiting for a R&D Engineer on behalf of our client in Cambridge, UK.
Location: Cambridge, CB4
Hours: Mon to Fri
Salary: £40,000 to £72,000
Benefits: Share Options & Pension
Our client is growing fast and is backed by leading strategic investors; a well-known global brand. They have ambitious plans to continue with their growth and become the global market leader. To drive this growth, the company is seeking to engage a R&D Engineer. You will be a key member of the technical team, improving the product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance.
Reporting to the CTO/VP Engineering, your primary objective will be to innovate and support hardware and software UHF RFID reader development and customer deployments. You will be expected to assess product performance, test firmware releases, model and investigate methods of system optimisation. To accomplish this, an understanding of the interaction between product firmware and RF performance is necessary. A secondary role will be to support production test.
Work at all levels of the design process, including:
- UHF RFID algorithm development
- UHF RFID system modelling
- Test and debug of prototypes in a laboratory environment
- Support of product manufacturing and production test
- Support of product performance, model and investigate methods of system optimisation
- Customer support, on site deployment and testing
- Liaise with non-technical Field Engineers and a willingness to travel and engage with customers
Required Technical Skills
- Between 1 & 5 years post-education experience
- Experience of test equipment (network analysers, spectrum analysers, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Understanding of RF systems (e.g. transmitters, receivers, antennas, and propagation)
- Verification of wireless radio systems
Other Useful Skills
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware design
- Experience of production support
- Essential SW/scripting skills e.g. C++ or python
- Knowledge of class 1 gen 2 UHF RFID or similar systems
- Excellent communications
- Hands-on approach
- Willingness to work with other areas of the business including customer facing staff should need arise
If you are interested in the role of R&D Engineer and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email email@example.com
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.