Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join the inspection team of a company based near St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Hours: Mon – Thurs, 0800 – 1615, Friday 0800 – 1400
Salary: £24,000 to £25,000 + overtime available
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Free parking, Early finish on Fridays!
You will have responsibility for the quality of assembled PCBs with both SMD and PTH components. You should be IPC-610 and J-STD-001 certified as a minimum and have experience managing people in a technical environment. You’ll take responsibility for managing a small team of 3, organising and prioritising workloads and attending quality meetings involving customers. There will also be routine inspection work as part of your day-to-day workload and involvement with NPI.
This is a very friendly company, with a family feel! And they finish at 2pm every Friday!
- Board and product inspection using both visual instruments and AOI and Nikon x-ray inspection tool
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Manager and Lead Engineer to resolve any issues affecting manufacturing
- Work closely with the Test Manager to resolve quality or product throughput issues
- Organise, control and prioritise the department’s constantly changing workload
- Carry out annual appraisals of inspection staff
- Provide daily yield data and assist in any corrective action required, monitor changes to ensure quality improvement
- Provide monthly quality metrics
- Ensuring quality inspectors follow SOPs
- Be involved at an early stage of NPI to define quality criteria
- Carry out quality audits of supporting departments
- IPC-610 and J-STD-001 certified as a minimum (on site trainer can re-certify if required)
- IPC-7711 and 7211 are highly desirable
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 – 2015 accredited company
- Experience of PCB assembly using both pick & place systems and hand assembly
- Experience of product assembly including plastic mouldings, fasteners, wiring, cables etc
- Good IT skills
- Confident using different software tools and equipment
- Good people management skills in a technical environment
- Effective communicator across all levels
- Flexible attitude towards working hours
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.