Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Process & Materials Technician on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB22
Hours: Mon to Fri 9:30am to 5:30pm
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
We are looking for a Process & Materials Technician to join our clients expanding team to assist in the running of their unique production process.
The role of Process & Materials Technician is to support the process team and the effective running of the processes, reporting to the Process Manager.
Key Responsibilities of the Process & Materials Technician:
- Ensuring an effective running of processes
- Optical inspection and characterisation of products
- Liaising with the process team on continuous improvement
- Maintaining day-to-day activities in both lab and cleanroom
- Maintaining records are documented thoroughly
Skills/Experience required of the Process & Materials Technician:
- BSc in Physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline, or two years process operator experience.
- The Process & Materials Technician will have experience of working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
- Experience with handling and disposing of chemicals
Advantageous Skills of the Process & Materials Technician:
- Hands-on cleanroom experience
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical/wet etching processes
- Knowledge and understanding of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials and processing technologies
- Experience with materials characterisation using optical microscopy, PL, SEM, AFM etc.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity