Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Physicist – Data Scientist on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB25
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000
- 8% pension scheme
- Cashback Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friends and Family discount on ghd products
- Partner Discounts
- Discounted Rail Travel
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Salary Sacrifice
- Employee referral scheme
Our client own a brand loved by professionals and educators that changed the world of hair styling for all men and women.
The Role of the Physicist – Data Scientist:
You will be exposed to working within a collaborative technical team of diverse skills and expertise, to design, develop, build and test a range of ground breaking devices for beauty care based upon sound, fundamental scientific principles. The role is ideally suited to someone with background in Physics and has extensive experience with data science, machine learning, AI, statistical analysis and programming.
Work will include capturing, extracting, analysing and reporting product, user, and hair performance data using scientific methods and data analysis techniques to drive high performance products in R&D and NPD, and identify future opportunities into the DaaS and PaaS space within IoT.
Responsibilities of the Physicist – Data Scientist:
- Early stage development of hair, user and product sensing technologies to help define the future of breakthrough product pipeline, including IoT or connected & smart devices
- Key areas of innovation focus will be in UI, sensors, movement and image tracking, diagnostics, AI, Blockchain and connected product
- Support the testing of new technology, utilising physics to define the future of electrical hair styling technologies
- Work with internal matrix resources and external consultants through early phases of developing and creating proof of principle prototypes of concepts to prove holistic feasibility
- Work with the science team to understand latest research in the beauty care field
- Provide consultancy support for products in life cycle where needed
Skills and Experience Required of the Physicist – Data Scientist:
- Honours degree and preferably PhD educated in Physics or a closely related engineering discipline with demonstrable experience in data science
- A broad understanding of a wide range of physics principles, and an ability to identify their applicability to a variety of technical challenges
- Prior experience / knowledge of some of the following: handling big data, predictive modelling, statistics, machine learning, AI, IoT, signal and image processing, database management, DoE and lab testing
- Strong Python or Matlab programming experience and related data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow/Keras)
- An analytical thinker with methodical and proactive approach to problem solving
- A hands-on, team worker with ability to collaborate with diverse team of technical expertise
The following would also be desirable for the Physicist – Data Scientist:
- Previous experience working within consumer product development or general domestic appliances
- Experience working with cloud technologies e.g. AWS, Google Cloud
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.