Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a PCB Hand Assembly Operator on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Hours: Mon to Thurs 8am to 4:15pm & Fri 8am to 2pm
Location: St Ives, PE28
Key Job Accountabilities
- Assembly of Conventional Circuit Boards.
- Manual Soldering.
- Able to load a selective soldering machine.
- Have experience in Electronic Product Assembly.
- Have knowledge of simple components level PCB population.
- Have Knowledge of conventional & Surface Mount electronic component / packages and component polarity.
- Interpretation of manufacturing documentation, (i.e. parts list, drawings, procedures).
- Knowledge of IPC-610 and Lead-Free processes would be beneficial.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy, consistency and quality.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Placement of conventional electronic components onto printed circuit boards (PCBs).
- Hand soldering to IPC-610 standard (J-Std would be preferred).
- Loading PCBs into and operating a Selective Soldering Machine.
- Occasional rework and PCB modification.
A flexible attitude towards working hours and a competent, keen personality are also key to this role.
Key Job Skills
- Hand soldering skills
- Component identification and placement
- Ability to read, understand and act on assembly drawings, reports and instructions
- Health and Safety Awareness
- Effective Communicator (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, ESD controls and precautions
- Attention to detail
- Technical / engineering interest
- IPC-A-610 (class 2 or 3) certification
- J-Std certification or willing to be trained
- Self motivated
- Systematic / pragmatic
- Flexible, multi-tasking
- Team worker with good people skills
- Professional, safe-conscientious manner
- Working in a tidy and safe manner
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.