Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Materials Coordinator on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB1
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Our client are a trusted global partner to customers and suppliers in the life sciences, advanced technologies and applied materials industries. They’re looking for a Materials Coordinator to join their team.
Responsibilities of The Materials Coordinator:
- Ensuring compliance of activities performed in adherence with defined schedules and quality within a specified area. Act and report on deviations
- Act as a key point of contact for all research staff to deal with queries pertaining to stores stock inventory and dispatch of samples
- Creation, maintenance and updating relevant documentation in support of service delivery, compliance and training
- Report on KPIs, metrics, SLAs and weekly tasks
- Analyse reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Receipt, handling, storage and picking of scientific consumables using a stock management IT system. Complete regular cycle stock counts.
- Movement of consumables around building and stock room as required
- Receive, pack, prepare and ship R&D samples (biological, chemical, radioactive, dangerous goods etc) globally ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and transport regulations (air/road/sea)
- Dispatch goods ensuring all relevant documentation is correct and meets IATA/ADR/IMDG and Health and Safety standards.
- Procurement – buying of scientific consumables on behalf of the customer through a procurement system
- Management of the yard environment ensuring vehicles are admitted to site in a safe manner
- Potential demand to drive an inter site van
- Resolve or escalate complex queries from the customer in particular relating to internal and external delivery.
- Maintain building security standards at all times
- Participate in the preparation for regulatory inspections as needed. Escort regulatory inspectors on audits/tours of the dispatch facility and provide documents and explanation concerning the processes
- Ensure that materials with special handling, storage or distribution requirements (such as hazardous shipments and temperature sensitive material) are properly monitored.
- The Materials Coordinator will be archiving of documentation
Qualifications Required of The Materials Coordinator:
- Experience working in a Stock room/Warehouse/Stores environment
- Experience of work experience in a Scientific Stores environment preferable
- Experience of procurement preferable
- Experience working to IATA/ADR/IMDG preferable
Knowledge and Skills Required of The Materials Coordinator:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Outstanding communication skills on all levels and problem-solving capabilities
- An understanding of how the team interacts internally and externally within the organisation and how they contribute to the objectives of the business
- The Materials Coordinator will have proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems, especially Excel
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Exceptionally high level of commitment to the success of individuals and overall projects and service provision
Due to the high number of applications expected if you have not heard back from us within 14 days please take it that your application has not been successful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and reside in the UK on territory
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.