aspire cambridge are seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our client in Stevenage.
The purpose of the Manufacturing Technician will be to safely and efficiently operate and optimise plant and equipment. You’ll be working with others, achieve high levels of targeted performance, customer satisfaction and quality standards; this will be founded on a culture of continuous improvement, development and learning.
It is expected that the Manufacturing Technician will positively contribute to an environment where critical thinking and constructive challenging is the norm.
Health & Safety
- Proactively participate in ensuring that the Safety First standards of an accident free zone are foremost in their own behaviours. Personally models desired behaviours and work practices for all other team members
- To operate plant and equipment to optimal productivity and efficiency. Continuously look to develop and improve key work processes; develop better, faster more efficient ways of doing things
- Consistently contributes as part of the team to improving the quality of products and service. Continually clarifies customers evolving goals to ensure effectiveness is maintained
- Take appropriate actions as part of the team to optimise delivery of the Production Schedule
- Proactively defines and pursues personal development goals. (E.g. identifies and addresses development needs, negotiates growth assignments as development is their responsibility.)
- Collaboratively participate regular 1:1 dialogue
- Actively encourage and participate in strong interdepartmental communication and team working across all areas
- Consistently displays personal ownership, accountability and a ‘Can do’ attitude
- To deliver product quality through all systems available and others
- To contribute to the optimization of a production plan, operating the production plant in the most efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensure that their own and their teams development and training needs are identified and processes are consistently applied. Participate in the proactive environment of learning through relevant documentation (learning logs & 1:1 communications)
- To continuously challenge and improve manufacturing processes and encourage others to do the same
- To actively participate and contribute to the optimisation of cross-functional working processes and procedures, which will enable bakery infrastructure standards to be maintained or improved
- Ability to demonstrate basic engineering competencies/mechanical empathy
- Computer Literate (understand and interact with HMI screens )
- Demonstrate a good level of Health and Food Safety awareness
- Numerical, reading and information recording skills.
- An in-depth understanding and application of food hygiene/GMP/(ABSS standards)
- Understanding of baking process
- NVQ Level 1 or Level 2 in Performing Mechanical Engineering,
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (CIEH Level 2) IOSH or equivalent
- Basic understanding of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques (EG: Fishbone, 5 Why’s, 5s etc)
- Fault finding skills
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Hours: 6am to 6pm
Salary: £22,000 rising to £24,000 – £24,000
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion. aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy.
Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever-expanding network of client companies exceeds 3000 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivaled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.