Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer on behalf of our client in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Ely, CB6
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
As an integral part of our client’s Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer will work in close collaboration with Quality, Design and Production teams to identify and resolve manufacturing issues. This role supports consistent manufacture of precision electro-mechanical equipment for the photonics industry with the goal of ensuring that production runs smoothly.
Required Knowledge & Skills of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD systems (Solidworks experience would be beneficial)
- Ability to identify and resolve design and assembly problems quickly (good troubleshooting skills)
- Able to create and interpret technical drawings
- Knowledge of testing techniques for mechanical/electronics products
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently
- Familiarity with PC based firmware programming equipment
- A good understanding of production methods and best practices (lean implementation) is desirable.
Career Development Opportunities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Team Leader roles in NPI, Manufacturing or Production
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- First line response for any production issues including quality of parts, PC based test hardware, software and firmware, repairing and making new jigs/fixtures
- Launch root cause investigations into component quality issues and overall ease of assembly
- Conduct process improvement initiatives (production flow, assembly methods and production test equipment)
- Review manufacturing processes to achieve cost-reductions, quality improvements, efficiency recovery and project manage implementation in the production floor
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are up to date, collaborating with SOP writers to achieve goal
- Manage all production tools, machines and test rigs, keeping up to date log and documentation
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to ensure part quality issues found in the production floor are investigated, root cause found and resolved in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure design issues are investigated, root cause found and resolved
- Maintain Bill of Materials and Build Times in our MRP system (Microsoft Dynamics) in line with manufacturing changes and liaise with Engineering as required
- Assess alternative component parts for a product to ensure continuity of supply chain
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.