Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Logistics Administrator on behalf of our client in Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Waterbeach, CB25
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Duties of the Logistics Administrator:
You will be reporting to the Sales Logistics Manager.
- Raising and accepting all orders.
- Liaising with sales, production and customers/agents to obtain all the necessary information on orders prior to shipment.
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure agreed dates are met.
- Preparing invoices, pro-forma invoices and delivery notes.Preparing documentation of loads for shipment.
- Arranging shipments with courier companies and freight forwarders and ensuring goods are shipped in accordance with the Incoterms and the company’s payment terms and export compliance where required.
- Ongoing review of freight costs and dealing with freight quotations. Matching freight cost invoicing against agreed prices.
- The Logistics Administrator will be maintaining correct filing procedures/record-keeping.
- Experience of liaison with Department of Innovation and Trade (DIT) an advantage
Experience of the Logistics Administrator:
- Previous experience in a logistics role (import/export, customs procedures/regulations an advantage).
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Previous knowledge of Sage or similar order fulfilment system is preferred.
- Experience with letters of credit, warranty bonds, CAD and Chambers of Commerce an advantage.
- Experience of controlled goods via SPIRE an advantage.
- The Logistics Administrator will have good planning and organisational skills and an attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills with a professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of a small team.
- Take responsibility for quality of work produced and be able to adapt to priorities and ad-hoc workloads.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.