Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a remote Junior Python Developer on behalf of our client in Cambridgeshire.
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000
- Flexible Working
- 5% company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance cover
- Regular social and wellbeing events
About Our Client:
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Junior Python Developer who is driven to solve complex problems with large quantities of data. The role requires working very closely with our client’s data science and platform engineering teams – a perfect opportunity for a strong developer looking to develop their data analytics skills.
Our client combines its smart energy automation, control and display capabilities with leading edge data science, AI, cloud, firmware, UX, UI and customer insight to create complete carbon management systems.
The Position of Junior Python Developer:
You will be part of a team of talented software engineers and data scientists that develop products to help homeowners save energy, money and cut their carbon footprint. Our client has a lot of products and services, so you’ll be kept busy and challenged.
Our Client’s Technology Stack Includes:
- Docker & Kubernetes on AWS
- Cassandra, Aurora PostgreSQL, Kafka
- Spark with Scala & Python
- Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, Catboost, H2O, Jupyter
- GoCD, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, Helm and Rake
- ELK, Prometheus, Grafana
The Junior Python Developer will be someone who:
- Enjoys helping others achieve their goals as much as you do your own
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Listens to others and considers all opinions regardless of background or experience
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and continuously evolving domain
- Is a thorough and critical thinker, with good attention to detail
- Is a self-starter, able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively at pace
- Is articulate and capable of presenting ideas to a wide range of audiences
The Junior Python Developer will have:
- Evidence of strong Python development skills
- Knowledge of distributed data systems and data engineering practices
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or other equivalent RDMBS
- A focus on rapid development through iteration in an agile environment
- A test-driven development approach using Python test frameworks
Beneficial to The Junior Python Developer:
- Working with Kafka, Cassandra &/or other distributed data stores
- Practical use of Python data-analysis with Pandas
- Usage and creation of RESTful APIs
- Any experience using Python math or machine learning libraries (e.g. numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras)
- Use of Docker and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment practices and tooling
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.