Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Junior Manufacturing Engineer on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27
Hours: Mon to Fri Full Time
Salary: £18,500 – £20,500
Due to rapid and continued growth our client wishes to expand their existing team with the successful hire of a Junior Manufacturing Engineer.
The Junior Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for creating the documentation and programs required by manufacturing allowing them to build and assemble products to the correct specification as required by our clients diverse customer base.
Our clients Engineering staff are expected to reach certification to IPC-610 and and J-Std to achieve this, our client has their own in-house trainer and training program.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for creating the Manufacturing packs and updating when changes to customer revision levels are released.
- Liaise with Sales and customers if required to help resolve build and/or documentation queries.
- Generate production programs for the Europlacer surface mount and Aleader AOI machines using Aegis software.
- Generate Speedprint programs using Speedprint off-line software and progress the program through to fully working status to the required high standard.
A flexible attitude towards working hours and a competent, keen personality are also key to this role.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Adherence to all ESD and material handling processes.
- Adherence to all Health & Safety processes and procedures.
- Good housekeeping of workspace and machine areas.
Any previous Engineering work within a PCB assembly environment would be advantageous
- Experience of small product assembly using basic hand tools
- Experience of working in an ISO9001 environment
- Experience of working in an area handling static sensitive electronic components and assemblies
- Any previous experience in a batch-manufacturing environment
- Providing support to manufacturing / production
- Working with others to resolve manufacturing difficulties
- Working in a multi product, mixed manufacturing environment
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.