Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a junior Embedded Firmware Engineer on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Location: St Ives PE27, 2 days a week remote
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £35,000 to £55,000
Education / Qualifications:
Essential: Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as electronic engineering or computer science
Desirable: Higher degree such as PhD
Main duties / key responsibilities:
Development of firmware for embedded products and systems employing wired or wireless communications, sensors, user interfaces and control.
Use of C and assembly language.
Development on both bare metal platforms and with embedded OS such as FreeRTOS & Linux.
Definition of software system architecture, functional requirements, features and use cases.
Development of high-quality code for production systems.
Building in software quality from the outset through design, implementation and the use of appropriate tools and processes.
Working with multidisciplinary teams to take products from initial concept through to delivery / transfer to manufacture.
Enhancing our client’s software development capability.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience developing firmware for embedded products. Experience working with the following:
– A range of microcontroller/microprocessor types including Arm-based devices.
– Interfacing to peripheral devices such as sensors over SPI, I2C.
– Wired communications such a as CAN, RS232, RS485.
– Wireless communications such as Bluetooth, WLAN, cellular, low power radio.
– Real-time signal conditioning and filtering.
– Low power or battery powered systems.
- Experience of Agile development methodology and task management tools such as JIRA.
- Version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Experienced using electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers.
- An understanding of the processes and tools needed to develop maintainable high quality embedded firmware.
- Experience developing firmware for embedded products.
- Experience working with the following types of technology and devices:
– Video/audio codecs
- Experience of medical device development and the IEC62304 software life cycle for medical products.
- Knowledge of electronics systems for control, communications, sensing, and user interaction.
- Experience of high-level general purpose programming languages such as Python.
- Development of systems on embedded Linux platforms.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.