Aspire Recruitment is recruiting an IT Engineer on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB3
Hours: Shift Rotation
As part of the team, the successful IT Engineer will respond to enquiries from customers and assist them with IT queries. Over time you will gain in depth knowledge of key software and systems, giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience through a broad array of technologies. This development will also allow progression on to higher level positions in Consulting, Supervisory or Management.
- Have a full understanding of your clients’ infrastructure and ensure that documentation reflects the environments you lead.
- Perform technical audits for new clients, highlight deficiencies and the corresponding recommendations in a formal proposal document.
- Initiate and implement projects to a high standard; ensure that the client documentation reflects the changes.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues raised by your client base.
- Provide support to clients owned by other Technical Leads in case of absence or unavailability.
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers.
- Work alongside the other team members to deliver complex projects when appropriate.
- Maintain effective communications with customers and other team members.
- Operate in a shift rotation to provide effective cover during operational hours (07:00 – 19:00).
- Take ownership of your tasks and work without supervision.
Skills and Experience required
- Computer Science Degree or other suitable certifications with 2 years’ experience.
- Technical proficiency in the following: Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server (2019 and prior), networking (IP & VLAN, DHCP, DNS, firewall configuration, SD-WAN), and experience of working with Microsoft Windows.
- Good understanding of networking.
- Experience in technical support roles in team is beneficial.
- Able and confident with directly dealing with clients in face-to-face contact, over the phone, and via email.
- Familiarity with managed IT services environments.
- Able to communicate effectively and record work details in a ticketing system shared with our clients.
- Able to troubleshoot challenging issues in a reliable timely manner and provide updates to clients on a regular basis.
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and willing to develop your technical and soft skill proficiency.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in non-technical roles.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- An extra day off to enjoy your birthday
- Contributory pension scheme of 3%
- Health cash plans giving you cash back on essential health care such as dental and eye care as well as access to valuable health and well-being services
- Regular company funded team socials
The successful applicant may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are interested in the role of IT Engineer and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email email@example.com
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.