Aspire Recruitment are recruiting an Infrastructure Engineer on behalf of our client in London and Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: London and Cambridge
Hours: Mon to Fri Full Time
If you are looking for a role where you can develop and progress your engineering expertise then this could be a great opportunity for you! You’ll need to be a self-starter and an efficient problem solver. The Infrastructure Engineer will be expected to find multiple solutions to infrastructure issues and have the capacity to implement the best solutions to suit stakeholder needs.
Previous experience of planning and delivering projects is essential and you must be capable of troubleshooting the systems should failures arise. Importantly, as the Infrastructure Engineer will be working directly across multi-functional teams, you must be willing to engage at all levels of the business, making sure our clients tight-knit teams are working optimally. You should be comfortable in a dynamic environment and be able to pivot as new challenges arise. There may be opportunities for the right candidate to take on management responsibilities as the business continues to grow.
What you’ll do
Your key responsibility is maintaining and expanding IT systems for local and remote users which includes:
- Liaising with colleagues across the business to identify and meet their current and future needs
- Spot problems, take ownership and see them through to resolution
- Build and implement new systems (using both open source and custom code methods)
- Supporting colleagues in their use of technology, which may be unfamiliar to you at the outset
- Network configuration and management
Technologies (so demonstrable experience/understanding of working with these is a bonus):
- Windows 10, macOS and a variety of Linux distributions
- AWS, Bitbucket, Jira, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Papyrs, Office 365
- C++, CUDA C, and C# languages for our products and python for modelling, analysis and continuous integration
- Other technologies like Visual Studio, git, Jenkins, Wireguard and Yubikeys
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working with IT networks and systems, including Windows and Linux
- Demonstrable experience planning and managing upgrades and roll-outs of new technologies
- Experience of working with expert users to integrate their products with wider systems
- Willingness to to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Previous experience in a fast-paced start-up or scale-up would be beneficial
- A personal interest in AR/VR is also a plus!
What does our client offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- Progressive, friendly working environment operating a hybrid working model (with flexible core hours)
- Good benefits package including generous maternity/paternity pay, cycle to work, PMI with Vitality
- A diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
Centrally located offices in both Cambridge and London. The successful candidate will need to be able to commute into Cambridge regularly.
If you are interested in the role of Infrastructure Engineer and feel that you have the relevant experience, please contact your Recruitment Partner, Kelly at Aspire Recruitment on 01223 855440 or email email@example.com
If this job isn’t exactly right for you but you’re looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential career discussion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regard to this Permanent opportunity.