Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Financial Accountant in behalf of our client in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Location: Leeds, LS1
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Our client own a brand loved by professionals and educators that changed the world of hair styling for all men and women and they’re looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
Responsibilities of The Financial Accountant:
- Lead on a timely and accurate completion of the UK & Group monthly close process
- Lead on the month end Group Reporting Pack submissions & monthly/quarterly reporting
- Significant involvement in UK month end close process – execution of the period end UK adjustments & management of key accounting adjustments
- Ownership of key BS areas such as: banks, stock, accruals etc and resolution of issues
- Preparation of the monthly & quarterly adhoc period end reporting and support with Corporate technical & adhoc queries
- Significant involvement in the Group audit process
- Significant involvement in the day to day transactional accounting as well as supporting Group markets
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations and resolution of issues
- Bank reconciliations
- SOX Compliance including driving improvements in financial control across all areas
- Supporting Accounts Payable, reviewing GRNI and freight suppliers
- Finance projects and adhoc work
- VAT compliance
- Ownership of cashflow forecasting and leading on Corporate Treasury requirements & queries
- Ownership of UK and foreign currency bank reconciliations
- Support payment processes to ensure they are accurate and timely
Experience and Skills Required of The Financial Accountant:
- Ideally CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- The Financial Accountant will have knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Competent, conscientious, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across all teams, an excellent Team Player
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a logical manner with high volumes of data.
- Tenacious attitude with a proactive approach and able to work independently
- The Financial Accountant will have strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Previous track record of working to deadlines and being a self-motivated
- The ability to prioritise and change priorities at short notice.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.
Due to the high number of applications expected if you have not heard back from us within 14 days please take it that your application has not been successful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and reside in the UK on territory