Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Field Service Technician on behalf of our client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Remote but occasionally in office in St Ives
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Tine
Salary: £30,000 to 35,000
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (Exams: MD-100 + MD-101)
- DrayTek DCNA certified.
- 3CX Qualified (Intermediate).Relevant IT qualification for example NVQ, Diploma or Degree.
- Experience of working with a variety of clients.
- Previous experience in supporting and implementing client hardware and software.
- Ability to use, support and implement MS office applications.
- Working knowledge and experience of Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory & Windows Operating Systems.
- A general understanding of IT Networking: TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, WLAN.
- Ability to make decisions within the boundaries of the role.Ability to prioritise and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to proactively problem solve and identify solutions.
- Basic understanding of GDPR principals.
- Experience working with macOS.
- Knowledge of N-Able (Solarwinds).
- Always demonstrate excellent customer service, particularly when at client sites.
- Provide end user and infrastructure support (remote and on-site) for desktop / notebook computers, mobile devices, Microsoft and Apple OS, applications, local services (antivirus, firewall, print spoolers, etc.), networking (LAN / WAN, IPV4, Gateways, DHCP, etc.), drive mapping, printers, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and 3rd party vendor repairs.
- Travel to and from client sites across the UK (some overnight stays possible).
- Collect IT equipment from client sites and return to our client’s office.
- Deliver, install, and configure IT equipment at client sites.
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to resolve promptly.
- Provide basic training to users on how to use equipment and systems.
- Be involved in system implementations and site deployments.
- Complete basic CAT5 and CAT6 cabling repairs.
- Demonstrate efficient management of own workload, working to strict deadlines.
- Ensure project and incident tickets are accurately and promptly updated.
- Ensure client related documentation is kept up to date.
- Liaise with 3rd parties for support as appropriate.
- Be responsible for own personal development.
- Communicate openly with our client’s Service Desk on incident and project ticket progress.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve technical issues, escalating appropriately to Technical Experts where necessary, whether working remotely or at a client site
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.