Aspire Recruitment are recruiting an Electronics Engineer – Graduate on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB21
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
- 8% pension scheme
- Cashback Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friends and Family discount on ghd products
- Partner Discounts
- Discounted Rail Travel
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Salary Sacrifice
- Employee referral scheme
Our client are a world wide recognised brand that are constantly pushing their Research and development, to always bring new and innovative products to the market. They’re looking for an Electronics Engineer – Graduate to get behind their values, strive to always improve and bring new ideas to the table to assist the client in continuing being a market leader.
The Role of the Electronics Engineer – Graduate:
The Electronics Engineer will work within the electronics team to develop and test a range of hair care and beauty appliances for a successful and growing company which preserves the original dynamic and start-up atmosphere. Work will include PCB development for embedded systems, test rig development, hardware/firmware integration and system testing.
Responsibilities of The Electronics Engineer – Graduate:
- Develop PCBs for consumer products including analog/digital design, part selection, prototyping/simulation (OrCAD or similar), schematic capture and layout (Altium), verification, fault-finding and transfer to manufacture
- Develop test rigs and test procedures for lab and manufacture testing, including use of LabVIEW (beneficial but not essential) and electronic test equipment
- Carry out product testing (EMC/compliance, functionality, reliability and safety)
- Work with firmware and project engineers to ensure the appliances operate as intended and comply with the specification
- Liaise with external consultants/contractors, suppliers, contract manufacturers, Mechanical Engineers and Project Engineers
- Liaise with the Operations Team to assist in the transfer to manufacture
- Source and validate second source electronic components
- Support the Quality Control Team in the analysis of field returns
- Candidates must be prepared to travel occasionally to China, US and EU
Skills and Experience Required of The Electronics Engineer – Graduate:
- Ideally a qualified Electronics Engineer with at least 2 years’ experience and previous experience in embedded systems for high-volume consumer electronics or similar
- Proven track record of developing electronics and PCBs (Altium). An awareness of cost, reliability, product compliance (EN 60335 or similar) and manufacturing/assembly techniques would be highly beneficial
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of electronics engineering
- Basic microcontroller and Embedded C skills would be a bonus
- Ability to communicate concisely and influence others
- Ability to work in a small team and make decisions under tight deadlines
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.