Aspire Recruitment are recruiting a Driver Engineer on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge, CB1
Hours: Full Time, Flexible
Salary: £40,000 to £65,000
- Share options
- Flexible working days/hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Generous sick pay
- Maternity/paternity policies
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
Our client are looking for an experienced Driver Engineer to work on an exciting new project. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation holographic display solutions, and work alongside world-leading optical, electronic engineers, and software developers.
Responsibilities of The Driver Engineer:
- Design and verification of drivers to control FPGA and ASIC driven hardware from a host
- Manage the low-level components of the software stack
- Support hardware development teams
- Analyse and optimise drivers for high performance
- Review software designs
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
Experience and Skills Required of The Driver Engineer:
- BEng/BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- At least 3 years relevant industrial experience
- Experience in using lower level languages such as C/C++
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience of driver design on Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware and firmware development
The following would be preferred of The Driver Engineer:
- MEng/MSc or PhD in a relevant field
- Experience working with hardware and software teams to understand the design requirements and translate them into a product
- Experience delivering software to customers
- Experience with firmware development and hardware simulators is a plus
- Experience with hardware bring up and debugging
- The Driver Engineer will have experience working on drivers for FPGAs
- Experience with HDMI/Displayport type protocols
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- An interest in holography
- An interest in Computer Graphics
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.
Due to the high number of applications expected if you have not heard back from us within 14 days please take it that your application has not been successful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and reside in the UK on territory