Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Compatibility Technician on behalf of our client in Snailwell, Newmarket.
Location: Snailwell, CB8
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
Responsibilities of the Compatibility Technician:
- Adhering to H&S and Quality procedures and policies
- Conducting and supporting material compatibility studies and related scientific investigations and experiments
- The Compatibility Technician will be maintaining the materials samples pool
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
Key skills of the Compatibility Technician:
- Good team working skills
- Good time management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- The Compatibility Technician will have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals
- Mathematics knowledge
- The Compatibility Technician will have the ability to work well with the hands
- The ability to work under lab conditions, incl PPE and exposure to (dangerous) chemicals
- The ability to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Qualifications Required of the Compatibility Technician:
- A level or higher in science-based discipline
- Knowledge of materials science and chemical health and safety awareness
- Previous laboratory experience
- Proven experience of technical report writing
- High level of competency with MS Office
- Excellent English language skills
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.