Aspire Cambridge are recruiting for a CNC Programmer on behalf of our client in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Our client are recruiting for a CNC Programmer to support the Manufacturing and R&D departments with the creation of new components for use in new products, as well as process improvements.
Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00-16:30
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6
- Experience as a CNC machinist/toolmaker with experience of manual and CNC machine tools.
- Experience understanding engineering drawings and implementing machining methods.
- Experience with Fanuc / Haas control systems.
- A core competency multi axis milling machines, creation of efficient set up and jigs.
- A working knowledge of CAD/ CAM software (preferably Solidworks and MasterCAM).
- To program, set-up and run a variety of manual, CNC machines and wire erosion to produce precision components from a variety of materials.
- To ensure appropriate machining techniques and procedures are followed by the operators once the product is handover to the operators.
- To collaborate with R&D and our manufacturing departments to support all machining related activities.
- Ensure quality of product produced meets manufacturing drawing requirements by using metrology tools to validate tolerances and finishes standards.
- Ensure machines are running to their maximum potential/efficiency.
- Carry out preventative maintenance routines.
- Ensure that all machining activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s safe working and environmental requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments and share knowledge and best practices amongst the team.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.