Aspire Cambridge are recruiting a Chief Financial Officer on behalf of our client in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Start: New for 2022
Location: Cambridge, CB1
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £100,000 plus bonuses
The Chief Financial Officer will be part of an international team requiring dedication and awareness of deadlines.
Responsibilities of the CFO
- You will play a key role in the management team with a focus on fundraising and efficient use of capital.
- You will have direct responsibility to ensure the efficient management of funds, proper management of grant money and that tax and EIS obligations are properly met.
- You will participate in the submission of grant funding applications, ensuring that costs are properly estimated and recorded.
- You will be visible to funders, customers and collaborators as a key player in collaborations at all levels in the company.
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage the company and intra-group cash flow
You are an experienced Finance Manager looking for the step into a larger role, or perhaps you may already be in a senior management role. You will be responsible to ensure the smooth management of funding for the company through its expansion phase.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance/accounting
- Experience with equity funding, but remaining close enough to the workings of a business to understand its internal dynamics;
- A financial qualification (such as degree in finance or economics) and membership of a suitable professional body (ICAEW);
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Previous experience in a science based business;
- Spoken and written English is essential. Proficiency in Italian would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with electronics would be an advantage;
- Must be willing to travel
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.