Aspire Cambridge are recruiting an Assembly Technician on behalf of our client in Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB4
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Experience and Skills of the Assembly Technician:
- Experience in product assembly, manufacturing, and distribution/logistics.
- Good general education, including qualifications in Maths and English.
- Some formal qualification in an engineering or technical discipline or relevant Apprenticeship qualification.
- Confidently work under minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Energetic and displays accuracy in their work.
- Good communication skills, engaging with engineering, design, manufacturing, quality, bioengineering and biological teams.
- Good interpersonal skills – team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Flexible and reliable, with a willingness to help influence improvements.
- The Assembly Technician will have aspirations to grow and develop in the role.
- Computing – strong computer competency (Excel and Word)
- ERP – experience of an ERP system (preferably Dynamics 365) within manufacturing and distribution desirable but not essential.
- Collaboration working – team planning, technical review, problem solving.
- Driving – current UK driving licence desirable but not essential
Responsibilities of the Assembly Technician:
- Manufacturing – day to day construction of consumables products consistent with the company’s quality management requirements.
- Inventory Management – assist with maintaining records of stock movements.
- Product & Process Improvement – identify and communicate opportunities to improve quality of products and the efficiency / cost of manufacture.
- Logistics Support – support distribution of products to customers including preparation and process of necessary customs and distribution documentation.
- Purchasing – raise and process purchase orders where appropriate.
- Supplies – ensure adequate supplies maintained to support consumables production.
- Ensure all work undertaken is compliant with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Ensure all work is documented to necessary standards, generating, and maintaining all necessary records.
- Ensure any build issues are recorded and actions executed / documented through their lifecycle.
- The Assembly Technician must be able to maintain orderly and safe work environment.
- Keep plate building work areas clean and tidy.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.