Aspire Recruitment are recruiting an Assembler (6 Month FTC) on behalf of our client in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Duration: 3 Months FTC
Location: Ely, CB6
Hours: Monday to Thursday, 7:30am to 4:30pm and Friday 7:30am to 12:30pm
Our client designs and manufactures a range of electronics devices and electronics for all industries. They manufacture most of their own products and they’re looking for an Assembler (3 Month FTC) to join their team.
The Role of The Assembler (3 Month FTC):
As an Assembler you will be very much ‘hands on’ in this physical role, working as part of the production team, expressing a can-do attitude and eye for quality. In addition to completing final assembly of the tables accessory and lab infrastructure products, you will be trained to operate within a wide range of processes and equipment, identifying opportunities to improve product quality and production output. The Assembler (3 Month FTC) will also be fully trained to support other areas as required, namely the assembly of Vibration Isolation Systems and MB Breadboard Inspection and Pack.
Key Responsibilities of The Assembler (3 Month FTC):
- Assembly of Table accessories (including laser and blackout curtains), from the picking of piece parts to the packing of the product ready for dispatch
- Accurate kitting of the component parts, maintaining high levels of component stock accuracy
- Correct interpretation of work order and assembly instructions
- Working within an allocated team to achieve scheduled manufacturing targets
- Accurate processing of all associated paperwork
- Demonstrate a willingness to support Team Leaders in the development and implementation of workplace initiatives, including but not limited to cross-training and development programmes
- Support and drive problem solving and quality/performance improvement
- Willingness to learn and support in other assembly and inspection roles within the Tables Business Unit
Required Knowledge & Skills of The Assembler (3 Month FTC):
- A practical ‘hands on’ approach with experience in a mechanical manufacturing/assembly environment
- Ability to interpret and follow Standard Operating Procedures
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to maintain focus, with a real enthusiasm for Quality
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of mechanical aptitude and practical skill is desired
Skills and Capabilities The Assembler (3 Month FTC) can Develop:
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Delivering high quality product in a precision machining or scientific assembly environment
- Awareness of LEAN manufacturing, 5S workplace organisation and improvement programs
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly techniques
Opportunities for Career Development for The Assembler (3 Month FTC):
- Permanent role within the Tables Accessories Team
- A broader role within the Tables Business Unit
Required of The Assembler (3 Month FTC) for Career Progression:
- Adhering to core values
- Positive contribution to multi-departmental initiatives
- Proven track record of supporting Lean manufacturing improvement projects
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Fixed Term Contract opportunity.
Due to the high number of applications expected if you have not heard back from us within 14 days please take it that your application has not been successful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and reside in the UK on territory.