Aspire Recruitment are recruiting an Applications Engineer: Acoustics on behalf of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB3
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
About Our Client:
Our client provides software solutions for multiphysics modelling to both commercial and academic customers. This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth.
Responsibilities of The Applications Engineer: Acoustics:
- Providing technical advice to the sales team at both pre- and post-sales stages.
- Preparing and delivering training courses.
- Work closely with the sales team and customers at both pre- and post-sales stages.
- Support the customer using Multiphysics by addressing their modelling requirements and providing guidance, advice, and modelling assistance in a wide variety of application areas.
- Create and deliver product demonstrations at public workshops, customer meetings and professional conferences.
- Interact with both potential and existing customers in both industry and academia.
- Develop benchmark models to demonstrate features and capabilities of Multiphysics to meet the modelling requirements of customers.
- Work collaboratively with developers and other Application Engineers, both in the UK and other offices, to establish a productive and proactive working environment.
- This role will also include some travel within the UK and Republic of Ireland.
The Successful Applications Engineer: Acoustics:
- A strong mathematical and physics background, especially in acoustics and structural dynamics. Proven proficiency with computational analysis is beneficial but not essential.
- An aptitude for problem-solving and discerning the physics underlying complex modelling projects.
- Positive and professional communication both in person and on the phone, with concise writing skills and the ability to communicate with confidence in a client-facing environment.
- Business-oriented and willing to work with customers and the sales team.
- Ability to interact with customers from a diverse range of industries and research organisations, and genuine interest in working in a technical sales environment.
- Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands in assisting a large number of customers, as well as team members.
- A willingness to extend your existing knowledge and skills into other scientific disciplines.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.