Aspire Cambridge are recruiting an Academic Sales Engineer on behalf of our client in Cambridgeshire.
Location: Cambridge, CB25
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Benefits of the Academic Sales Engineer:
- Company pension
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working hours
Primary Responsibilities of the Academic Sales Engineer:
- Actively identify, develop and expand the sales of our client’s existing and new range of Multiphysics software to academic institutes and research labs within the UK & Ireland
- The Academic Sales Engineer will develop new leads and maintain regular contact with existing customers through phone calls, onsite presentations, and public workshops
- Create and deliver presentations with the support of the technical team at public seminars, customer-sites and professional conferences
- Achieve personal sales targets for the nominated accounts
- The Academic Sales Engineer will work closely with other members of the academic sales team and the Academic Account Manager.
- Work closely with technical team at both pre and post sales stages to provide technical support to potential customers
- To process all sales opportunities in CRM system and to qualify them accordingly
- The Academic Sales Engineer will document all account activities in CRM system
- To ensure that all opportunity profiles are always up to date in the CRM system to capture and progress all opportunities, and to provide accurate sales forecasts
- The Academic Sales Engineer will organise and facilitate onsite meetings and public workshops as required
Requirements of the Academic Sales Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, business or a related area.
- Ideally with B2B sales experience for 1 to 2 years but not essential
- The Academic Sales Engineer will be a confident communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in sales and working in a sales environment
- Strong written skills with attention to details.
- Interest in the high-tech industry.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to balance different tasks
- The Academic Sales Engineer will be self-motivated and quick learning with a flexible nature.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.