Aspire recruitment are recruiting a 1st Line Support Technician on behalf of our client in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
Location: Kettering, NN14
Hours: Mon to Fri, Full Time
Salary: £20,000 to £22,000
The 1st line support team is responsible for supporting and maintaining end users IT systems, hardware, software and accounts. The role would suit a candidate who is keen to progress their career and who is confident to challenge the existing IT infrastructure to increase efficiencies.
Responsibilities of the 1st Line Support Technician:
- Support franchisees / employees in all IT related incidents / service requests via telephone, email, remote desktop or in person.
- Be the first and last point of contact for all IT related incidents / service requests
- Own 1st line incidents / service requests or escalate to 2nd / 3rd line support where necessary
- Work to thresholds for all incidents/service requests
- Promote/educate the correct use of software and hardware supplied through the IT department
- Hardware/software configuration, support or troubleshooting
- Assisting the IT Coordinator and/or IT Team Lead in projects relating to the department
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, good telephone manner, calm approach
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Is able to prioritise work, cope with competing deadlines and use initiative in a variety of situations
- Understands the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion combined with a calm personality and sound judgement
Skills and Experience of the 1st Line Support Technician:
- Incident and problem management
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office packages
- Professional telephone manner
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong ability to multitask and progress several issues/projects within a busy environment
- Familiarity with Android/IOS
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Previous experience within an IT helpdesk/support function
- Understanding of ITIL framework and/or certified
- Network troubleshooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/LAN troubleshooting
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team now on 01223 855440 or apply online.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.