Leaving a job can be one of the most challenging experiences you’ll have in your career. You may have worked for a company for a long time and have been a part of its culture. Routines, habits, and daily rituals, may not transfer to a new job and leaving familiar surroundings behind can be daunting for even the most experienced worker.
However, it has reported recently that almost one in four workers are actively looking to change their role. So, what could the reasons behind this be?
In a recent poll performed by Aspire Recruitment, the top two reasons people gave for wanting to change jobs were an increase in pay or the desire to take on a new challenge. Those looking for flexible or hybrid work, on the other hand, closely followed.
So, if you have decided that now is the time to look for a new challenge, what steps can you take to make the process run smoothly?
- Make sure you’re organised — know who you’re talking to, if you have any appointments or interviews to attend, and what the deadlines are for any applications you’ve submitted.
- Keep your CV is up to date and appropriate for the positions you want to apply for. Maintain a professional tone by including a summary of your education, talents, and experience.
- During your job hunt, keep motivated, focused, and positive by setting goals for how many positions you want to apply to in a certain amount of time.
- Search online – Aspire Recruitment has hundreds of live job openings on their website that you may apply for at any moment.
- Make use of your social media networks – they’ve become increasingly important when it comes to job hunting and application. Make sure your profiles represent how you want to be perceived by potential employers.
- Investigate possible employers on the web. Examine their social media feeds, as well as their website and review sites, to get a sense of how the company operates.
If all of this seems a little overwhelming, contact Aspire Recruitment. We are experts at putting people first. We get to know you and are able to match your abilities and personality with possible employers with ease. We can take the stress out of looking for jobs by offering you help and guidance along the journey. We can assist you from the start of your job search to the interview and beyond.
Contact us today
About Aspire Cambridge
Headquartered in Cambridge Aspire Cambridge have been providing cost effective Recruitment, HR and Travel solutions to an impressive portfolio of customers spanning the UK and Europe since 2018.
Aspire Recruitment | 01223 855440 (Multi Award Winning)
We work with countless growing businesses and cover a wide geographical landscape, across the UK and internationally. We have built up a strong reputation as the preferred recruitment partner for many start-ups and small to large sized businesses, both locally and further a field.
Aspire HR | 01223 855441 (Multi Award Winning)
Few businesses can afford a full time HR professional. Aspire HR is your flexible HR manager; here to help you protect your business, leaving you to concentrate on what you do best – run your business. We help businesses to grow and be profitable, and we look to partner with you to build strong long-standing relationships.
Aspire Travel | 01223 855442 (Multi Award Winning)
We’re here to make planning your next business trip or holiday stress-free and easy. Whether you know exactly what you want or need some travel inspiration, we’ll use our knowledge and expertise to create a bespoke holiday you’ll love. From the whole package to those finishing touches such as car hire and travel insurance, we’ve got you covered!