Here at Aspire Cambridge our recruitment consultants work with a whole range of talented and professional individuals that are looking for temporary work or contract opportunities; this can be down to a whole host of reasons.
Main Reasons Candidates Choose Temporary or Contract Work
The REC completed research to show the following reasons that professionals choose temporary or contract work and these are as follows;
- 34% are looking for a permanent job role
- 14% can only work on a short term basis due to a domestic or personal commitment
- 13% find temporary work to be more interesting than a permanent role
- 9% are doing contract or temporary work until they move house or go abroad
- 9% are filling in between other jobs such as acting and similar
- 8% work on contracts and in temporary roles to gain more experience and develop their career and CV
- 6% are on a working holiday
- 3% use temporary work and contracts to fill the time before they start a new permanent job
- 2% find that temporary or contract work pays better
- And the final 2% have ‘another reason’ for choosing temporary or contract work
The Future of the Temporary Market
Looking at these figures it is clear to see that the future of the temporary market is certainly bright and the increase in demand for temporary workers and contractors that we can currently see is certainly set to increase in the future.
We have seen lots of businesses change their mindset when it comes to temporary workers and contractors; they are using a small core of permanent business critical staff and the rest of the business is covered by those working as contractors or temporary staff as the workforce needs to grow due to an increase in workload or similar reasons.
Criticisms of the Temporary Market
However there are some criticisms to the temporary worker and contractor market. For example Sarah Beasley Associates completed some research and asked business their thoughts on temporary recruitment consultants and recruitment companies as a whole and the following is what they found as their main concerns and irritations;
- 53% of businesses felt they were unnecessarily pestered by recruitment consultants
- 21% felt they were sent speculative CVs
- 11% felt that the recruitment consultants failed to deliver on their promises
- 5% found the recruitment consultant to be overly pushy
- Another 5% said they felt the recruitment consultant was dishonest
- 3% became annoyed with recruitment consultants not returning their calls
- The final 2% said the recruitment consultant was using the wrong contact at the company
How Aspire Cambridge overcome the Criticism
Here at Aspire Cambridge we were surprised by these findings of the temporary worker and contractor market because our recruitment consultants will ensure that they work with the client in a way that the client chooses; phone calls are always returned and clients are dealt with, with the utmost respect and professionalism. However, we are aware that not all recruitment agencies are as focused on the client and candidate as we are.
We pride ourselves on offering an added value recruitment service, ensuring that our recruitment consultants routinely plan for communication to take place with both the candidate and the client on a regular basis; we will always strive to exceed the expectations of both parties. In everything we do we try to build a strong relationship with the candidate and the client so they understand how the recruitment process works and they know that if they have any concerns or queries they can contact us immediately and the issue will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.
We invest heavily in knowing our sectors and give specialist market insight gained through years of experience, this helps both businesses and jobseekers to make the right decisions. We take the time to understand what you’re looking to achieve, we really do listen to your needs. We’re lucky to work with amazing businesses and jobseekers, which make us even more passionate about what we do. We offer a personalised and positive service like no other. We pride ourselves on the fact that we deliver time and time again by placing people first!
Headquartered in Cambridge Aspire Cambridge is “Your First Choice for Recruitment and HR Solutions in England”. We’ve been providing cost effective Recruitment and HR solutions to an impressive portfolio of customers spanning the UK and Europe since 2008 and in 2019; awarded “The Best Recruitment and HR Solutions Provider” in England.
From taking on your first employee to managing your greatest resource – people, we’ve got it covered; from Recruitment to Human Resources, we pride ourselves on “Placing People First”.
Contact our dedicated team of Recruitment and Human Resource professionals today on 01223 855440.